jueves, 18 de noviembre de 2010

“Nothing Book”


“Nothing” has had a big influence in my childhood. What can I say about this great book?? Laforet is a marvelous writer and I was such a good reader. She was only 20 years old when her novel was published and I was 17 years old when I had read it.
This book reflect all the pain and disaster effects of the after war period.
As much as you read as much as you feel, is a mixture between concern and sadness. I find myself identified with Andrea. Perhaps was her aged, her depressing character, or could be her anxiety for studying literature.

A young woman from a little village arrived to Barcelona; she wants to study at the University. Aribau Street and the University were a very crowded center all the time. The streets and the place where she is accommodated were quite similar with her new family. She has to be with her grandmother and her uncles: a young lady trying to bring some peace at home, 2 brothers confronted, Gloria, who acts like a marionette, and Auntie Angustias, a very complicated women always depress and bitter, who finally decided to become a nun because she is afraid about others opinions.

For contrary, the University is another world. She meets a young lady very pretty, from a well-known and reaches family. She is blond and rebel, but she becomes Andrea’s best friend and the only happiness for her.
I can say a lot of things about this novel but for resuming I would say “nothing”.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario